Over the years, we’ve heard from hundreds (probably even thousands?) of yearbook advisors who say they love the work that goes into creating a yearbook, but they hate work that goes into marketing and selling it.
Sound familiar? At least you know you’re not alone.
We know that’s small comfort, so we’re doing something about it: Inside this post, you’ll get quick access to all of our best yearbook marketing ideas in one place. Everything you need—from boosting your sales at back-to-school night and beating last-minute sales deadlines to crushing morning announcements with ready-made scripts and knowing what flyers to hand out—is a click away.
So, dive in. It’s all really useful stuff; plus, there are a bunch of free tools. You’ll love ‘em. We can pretty much promise that.
Free Yearbook Marketing Ideas & Resources You Can Use Today
- The One Set of Yearbook Flyers That Can Boost Your Sales By 50%. Traditional yearbook flyers fall short in one key way: they don’t convince people why they should buy your yearbook. We’ve made you flyers that fix that—and give you the template so you can use it yourself.
- Four Yearbook Marketing Ideas Backed by Psychology, No Degree Required. There’s a reason some yearbook marketing ideas work really well while others don’t. And that reason is usually based on psychology. You don’t need to study the stuff to understand how it can help you sell yearbooks, because we did it for you.
- These Yearbook Poster Ideas Are Hilarious & Will Get Attention. “Funny” can be hard to pull off. Judging by reactions from our yearbook advisors who are using these posters, we’ve succeeded. Take a look at these three free templates.
- Increase Yearbook Sales With These Scripts for Morning Announcements. When you think about it, morning announcements are a lot like listening to the radio in the car or TV on the couch: Your audience is stuck listening to you and can’t change the station. You might as well use that to your advantage with these scripts.
- When Other Yearbook Marketing Ideas Fail, Try This. Sometimes, the best yearbook marketing idea out there is this: Use different tactics to get the attention of different groups of students.
- Use These Yearbook Flyers to Get Photos From Your Entire School. This might not sound like a yearbook marketing idea, but read our post on psychology and you’ll see how this fits.
- Back-To-School Marketing Strategies To Start Your Yearbook Sales Early. An easy way to boost your yearbook sales early in the year is to take advantage of back-to-school. These yearbook marketing ideas can help you do that.
- 10 Yearbook Posters & Flyers That’ll Help You Sell Your Yearbook (And More!). All of our yearbook posters and yearbook flyers for marketing in one place. What more is there to know?
These yearbook marketing ideas should give you a great start to your search for help selling your books. And if you can’t quite find what you’re looking for, take a look at this Google Spreadsheet, where we’ve listed a total of 46 different yearbook marketing ideas and resources.
We’ve tested each of these, and they’ve been proven to work at schools all across the country. So, go ahead: Pick one (or two, or three). Then, put them to use. They’ll have you back to designing your book in no time.